Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Respec limits, Hard Mode Stocks, Professions, Imbalance

I'm likely going to end up respecing my Hunter soon. After checking I realized that for some reason my first respec will cost me 42s. What gives? Turns out that the respec costs scale with level, and at level 20 your respec cost won't go above 84s. Yay!



If I respec I will definitely miss Explosive Shot and the extra Stamina.


I ran stocks today with a nice group of players I found in random dungeon finder. I suggested clearing adds and doing all 3 bosses at once. Would provide a nice challenge. While it is probably completely doable with all 20 F2P twinks, my group was not geared up well enough and we resulted in getting 2/3 bosses to 66% and the third to 33%. After that we did Moloch and Overheat together and took out Hogger by himself. Going to be doing the "hard mode" with a group today, assembled on Aerie Peak. Will post results.



Hard mode is actually rather difficult.
Blame Hogger's DPS.

My Enchanting is maxed out. Just gathering up the final materials to make a few scrolls before I drop it and pick up Leatherworking and Skinning. Hopefully that shouldn't take long at all, but from what I've been reading it might actually be one of the difficult professions to level as an F2P twink. Should finish this by tomorrow and move on to Engineering. Now, THAT, will be a major pain. Slowly leveling my First Aid. Also, I somehow managed to dupe 1 Lesser Astral Essence into 10 TWICE, granting me basically 6 Greater Astral Essences. Not completely sure how I did it, but it involved the bank. If I figure out definitely how I did it, I'll be sure to post about it more. They're useless for F2P twinks, but if this is doable with other Essences there might be some use to it and I'll make sure to report it so it's hotfixed.



I always manage to find bugs by completely random accident...
Somehow duped 1 Lesser Astral Essence into 10...




Lastly, class imbalance. It's not even funny how overpowered Hunters and Rogues are at 20. It's worse still that there are people choosing to roll 24 Worgen or Goblin Hunter twinks in this bracket to purposely destroy the (lack of) balance we have at this point. Rogues can pretty much kill anyone with their openers, and Hunters can potentially global you if you're under 1,000 HP. Gear up and hope the hunter you fight isn't skilled. If it's a Rogue, well then, don't get opened on is all I can suggest.


I'm pretty much geared, as far as the easy stuff goes. Need my Fishing Hat, AGMs, and BoA gear. Have my substitutes, minus the lack of hat.


Strength and Honor,
~ Thirk

1 comment:

  1. Unless something has changed in the last patch or so, respecs are far cheaper now. Your first repec should be a matter of silver, and the next few after as well. Cost is based first on level, second on how many times you've respecced. You won't be at 15g any time soon.

    ReplyDelete