Monday, July 25, 2011

You REALLY need to work for your stuff

This "bracket" and play-type is, by concept, possibly my favorite type of twinking. Having to do every ounce of work for yourself with little to no help, and then showing off what YOU personally achieved on the battlefield. Well, it simply doesn't get any better than that. Even as someone who is used to having TONS of help at the snap of my fingers, I'm thoroughly enjoying working for my gear. With the amount of F2P twinks already participating it's shaping up to be an amazing community, even though there's a P2P 20 or 24 twink once in a while.



Another step closer to being geared.


I've created a chardev for a 20 Troll Hunter fully twinked here. It's balanced and pretty much best in slot. The Precision Ring is quite a pipe dream for a Free 2 Play twink, but I put it in there nonetheless. Everything else is obtainable given enough time to grind honor, fish in the tournament, do dungeons, and quest.



If you're a perfectionist like me you're going to be pretty annoyed at the amount of extra work F2P twinks require. In addition to gear, you're going to want to level Enchanting and Leatherworking. With 100 Enchanting I'll be able to enchant +15 HP to chest, +1 Stamina/Agility to bracer, +1 Resistance or +10 Armor to cloak, and +1 Weapon Damage on both my weapons. 100 Leatherworking nets me an extra 48 armor. Obviously not a major gain at all, especially compared to P2P twink enchants, but it's going to make a difference at the skill cap and will show dedication.


Before dropping Engineering I'm filling my bank with these.
I was lucky enough to have the recipe drop (TWICE).


I decided I'm going to level Engineering as well. At 60 Engineering I can enchant my ranged weapon with +1 Damage, and if I decide to level it more I can pick up a Mechanical Squirrel at 80, and since I already have schematics, I'm probably going to go all the way to 100 and craft a bunch of EZ-Thro Dynamite before dropping both Engineering and Enchanting and picking up Herbalism and Skinning. Those Horde side twinks who don't intend to fish can get another +4 Stamina with goggles at 100, but I plan on fishing for my hat.





Zug Zug,
~ Thirk


No comments:

Post a Comment